Monday, January 25, 2016

Winter Menu 2016

It’s one of the mildest winters I can remember, with produce appearing to have a life of its own! I wrote a blog post about this here.

I’ve been really inspired by the fresh mild weather this January, and my new winter à la carte menu is hopefully reflecting this.
 
There are wonderful wild yellow chanterelle and trumpet mushrooms, the best I’ve seen for a while, paired with port wine. This season’s excellent black truffle is balanced within a light tortellini with pancetta and a not-too-reduced pork jus, and superb halibut - some of the most spectacular fish I’ve ever come across - is baked simply with Meyer lemon and olive oil.

I do hope you will come and see us to try some of these super dishes before spring is upon us.

Please view the menu here. 

Book here or telephone 0207 494 3111.

Best wishes,

Alexis

Duck - Apicius Rubbed Breast & Leg Feuilleté, Braised Long Kentish Carrots, Glazed Young Turnips in Duck Jus, Apicius Scented Duck Jus.
Fruits & Vegetables Pot au Feu - Lightly Spiced Apple & Quince, Port Reduction. 
Golden Louis XV - Dark Chocolate Mousse, Crunchy Praline.



Tableware: ‘Arris’ by Wedgwood UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Veganisteria 111

Deep Problem If there was one thing that has seriously amazed me since becoming a vegan chef is the fact that I am still not connected ...